THE LATEST:

  • "The Voyager" Lyrics - I have it all- A song for everything And still nothing, Writing lyrics only I Can understand. Left dry and thirsty For something more, Someplace more....
    8 years ago

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A very low key day.

The day was a long one.

John came over much earlier than usual. Instead of just dropping his guitar and stuff off around 8:15 a.m. and coming back later, I caught him while I was coming back from taking my sister to school and told him to just come on in. I left the microphone running for about half an hour to catch his playing while I was doing my computer stuff and attempting to wake up. I've got some new things to put lyrics to now. It seems that all the good guitar stuff comes by mistake.

Then we chilled out for a while and watched House of Wax. Not as scary as I thought it would be. In fact, I didn't find it scary at all. But I enjoyed it.

In the meantime, I was anxiously waiting for Domino's to open. I wanted pizza, damn it! They finally opened around the time the movie ended.

Eventually the pepperoni pizza, cheesy bread, and chicken wings arrived. It was about time. I was starving.

Then we chilled again while listening to music and stuff on my computer. And I painted John's nails for something to do. They don't look too bad, to be honest. I kind of like them that way.

By the time all this was done, I had to go pick up my sister from school and John went over to his grandma's place. Then I cleaned the house before the mother came home from work. And the next thing I know, she walks in the door and immediately says, "Kourt! We're going bowling!" I completely forgot about making those plans last Thursday evening, but I can't argue with that woman over something like this. So I went for a couple hours. Didn't bowl too well (new ball), but it wasn't too bad with Charlie's help. He's a pro level bowler, so he knows what he's doing.

Then I came home around 6 p.m. and called John up to tell him I'd be over in a few. And so I headed over and we went down to the coffee shop. We had a couple cups over the course of 3 hours or so and played cards. Discussed music a little as well. And a guy brought in the February schedules too, so we each got one of those.

All in all, it was a very long day. I didn't get back home until around 10 p.m. I'm exhausted. But it was worth it.

Practice tomorrow at John's place.

No comments: